A special gift
As you enter the Zendo please take a moment to visit the Mayuma Oda print hanging to the left of the Buddha altar. This is Kannon (Guan Yin in Chinese), Buddhist Goddess and Bodhisattva of compassion. Kannon is also associated with Avalokiteśvara, the compassion of all Buddhas who hears the suffering of the world. If you have a chance, bow deeply to sangha member Lane Olson for this beautiful gift!
Changes and additions to the schedule
- Monday evening meditation will now be from 8pm to 9pm
- On Fridays we will be adding meditation from 12:30pm to 1:30pm.
- June 10th WCZ will be closed for All day Sit at Chapel Hill Zen Center with Dharma talk by Josho Pat Phelan, Abbess of CHZC.
- June 13th WCZ will be closed for travel to Richmond Zen Group for meditation and Dharma talk by Josho Pat Phelan.
- Keep an eye out for modifications in the Sunday formal service form. As of now we will have 30min Zazen, 10min Kinhin, 30min Zazen, service, and then informal tea (and cookies!) and discussion. We hope the tea time and discussion after service will help bring us closer together as a sangha. The form will continue to be adapted as time goes on. Keep’in it fresh!
- Shikantaza will now include a small bell at the 30 min mark to help those who want to be aware of the time for Kinhin or other obligations.
A Haiku – By Joseph
Still on my pillow
After all this time sleeping
Woke now, now asleep
A call for submissions!
If you write (articles, stories, or poetry) or create digitizable artworks that have Buddhist themes, please consider submitting to the WCZ blog! It would be wonderful to publish your work and share the inspiration of our Sangha with the world. Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org